Updated: Apr 22
3 Cups fresh basil, previously washed and rinsed.
1/2 Cups fresh parsley leaves, previously washed and rinsed.
1 large Russet potato, diced into 1 to 2” thick slices.
2 cup green beans, cut in half and ends cut off.
2 garlic cloves.
3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil.
1/2 Cup raw walnuts or 1/2 Cup pine nuts (toasted optional).
1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino cheese (optional 1/4 cup Parmigiano and 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese).
1/2 Cup water from the pasta already boiled.
Sea Salt to taste.
Crushed Black Pepper to taste.
1) Make the pesto sauce. Place all the ingredients (except the potatoes and green beans) in a food processor or a blender.
2) Mix for few minutes till you reach the desired pesto sauce consistency.
3) In a saucepan, boil about 2 quarts of salted water, add your favorite gluten free pasta, the potatoes and the green beans.
4) Cook together for about 12 min or follow the instructions on the package.
5) Rinse the pasta with the potatoes and the green beans and take 1/2 cup of this water and add it to the pesto in the food processor or the blender and mix it all again. You may add more water from the already boiled pasta if your sauce is too thick.
6) Finally, top the pasta, potatoes and green beans with pesto.