Baked Red Snapper Fillet with Pesto Cherry Tomatoes
LOVE is a choice.
While we celebrate life and recognize that we always have choices, I hope that we all choose love not only for others but also for ourselves. Nurturing our bodies and our souls with the best and freshest ingredients is a choice we make each and every day. I invite you to explore new ingredients that you may not have tried yet because of fear you may not like them or they will not work together. Try this baked white fish filet with a side of pesto cherry tomatoes (pesto sauce @flaviashealthykitchen) and guacamole @flaviashealthykitchen.
Serves 2 people
2 Red snapper or any white fish filets, skin on.
Sea salt, to taste.
2 Garlic cloves, minced.
1/4 inch turmeric, grated.
2 Tbsp olive oil.
1 Yellow or red onion, half sliced (for the fish filets) and half finely chopped (for cherry tomatoes.)
1/4 tsp smoked paprika or Spanish pepper.
1 Cup cherry tomatoes.
2 Tbsp pesto sauce @flaviashealthykitchen.
2 Cup guacamole @flaviashealthykitchen.
1/2 Fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped and few for garnish.
Black pepper or crushed red chili pepper, to taste.
1) Preheat the oven at 375 F.
2) Place the white fish filets skin below on a greased baking dish or tray.
3) Rub the red snapper filets with salt, garlic, turmeric and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Place the sliced onions on the side of the fillets. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil, the paprika and black pepper to taste over fillet and onions.
4) Place the baking tray in the oven in the lower rack for 10 minutes and then switch to the top rack for another 8 minutes. The fish filets should flake easily.
5) Prepare the cherry tomatoes with the chopped onions and the pesto sauce @flaviashealthykitchen.
6) Prepare the guacamole @flaviashealthykitchen and add to the tomatoes.
7) Enjoy with Love!!!
If you try this healthy recipe, please tag me and leave a comment.
#flaviashealthykitchen #homemadefishfillet #healthybakedfishrecipe #mindfuleating #foodforyoursoul