Updated: Apr 22
LOVE IS COLORFUL
Beets not only add color to our salads, they also add nutrients, minerals and essential vitamins like folate that is essential for our heart health.
This Valentine’s Day I invite you to be creative and choose different color vegetables or ingredients to add to your dishes. You will be surprised how you will fall in love when you discover how each colorful ingredient adds a different nutrient to your dish.
Enjoy with Love and Colors!
2 red beets, previously boiled and sliced
2 golden beets, previously boiled and sliced
1 Cup fresh leafy greens or baby arugula
1 Cup fresh lacinato (dinosaur) kale, chopped
1 Cup lentil or chickpeas hummus, previously prepared
1/2 Cup pomegranate arils
1/4 Cup raw walnuts or raw pecans, halves or pieces
1/4 Cup crumbled goat cheese, optional
Ground cumin, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
Pomegranate dressing from @flaviashealthykitchen 🙏🏻💓
Serves 4 to 6 people
1) Start a layer of red beets on one side of the plate and a layer of golden beets on the other side of the plate.
2) Add the greens on top of the beets. Then, top with the pomegranate, nuts, and goat cheese
3) Place the lentil hummus in the middle of the plate
4) Sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
5) Then add the pomegranate dressing from @flaviashealthykitchen
6) Here you can be a little creative and add chicken or any other protein if you desire.
7) Enjoy with Love!!!
If you try this healthy recipe, please tag me and leave a comment.